Sugar products must reflect the time and care taken to create them. That’s why our equipment reduces impurities and improve sugar crystals to produce the best syrup clarification possible.
THE FPE GLOBAL SOLUTION
One of the greatest challenges for the sugar industry is in the clarification process, an essential step in the purification of cane juice prior to evaporation and crystallisation. Impurities can hinder the physical appearance of sugar crystals, making purifying processes an integral element of sugar production.
The FPE Global Syrup Clarification Process removes turbidity, waxes, gums and colloidal particles from evaporator syrup, targeting impurities and ensuring maximum removal without slowing your process down.
BENEFITS OF FPE SYRUP CLARIFICATION
As our systems are bespoke, we can tailor them to your exact operation. Below is information on the general operating parameters for the FPE Syrup Clarification Process.
Contact our team to find out the specific solutions we can develop for you.
- Improved circulation in the pans, reducing the pan cycle time by some 10%
- Reduced steam usage and increases the boiling house capacity
- Less wash water required during centrifugation, improving recovery by 1%
- Brighter sugar crystals thanks to reduced syrup cloudiness (turbidity)
- Decolourant to remove colour from crystals (our engineering team can help you to adjust decolourant to achieve the best results for your process)
- Design that works with low brix syrup from the penultimate effect evaporator, eliminating the need for the heat exchangers
- The latest in automation controls (process and chemical dosing are automatically controlled via a PLC based control panel with a colour touchscreen HMI)
|Syrup brix||40 to 60 can be accommodated|
|Liquor temperature||80 to 85 oC|
|pH||Typically 6.5 to 7.5|
|Quantity of scum produced||Typically 400 litres per 100 tonnes sugar solids|
|Phosphoric Acid at 85% concentration||43 litres per 1000 tonnes cane|
|Hydrated Lime||72 kg per 1000 tonnes cane|
|Flocculant||2.2 kg per 1000 tonnes cane|
|Decolourant (optional)||Typically 45 kg per 1000 tonnes cane|
|Space Required||For a 7500 TCD factory a total of 8 bays of 6m x 6m across 2 floor levels would provide a comfortable area. This would also include a control room.|
FLO EASY FIBC DISCHARGER
The Flo Easy Discharger is designed for the efficient and economic discharge of materials having free to medium flow properties with 15° or 40° hoppers to suit the material type.
FLO SPOUT FIBC DISCHARGER
The Flo Spout Discharger design has a unique diamond shaped 60 hopper to discharge the poorest flowing of materials such as those that compact or have high shear properties.