Multi Media Filtration
FPE Global is committed to producing a clear, high quality product, which is why we designed our Multi Media Filter to trap carryover from phosphatation.
THE FPE GLOBAL SOLUTION
Filtration occurs through a specially graded bed of media which is regenerated in situ by using filtered liquor to backwash the trapped suspended solids out of the media.
The filtrate produced by the FPE Multi Media Filter is of a quality which is suitable for passing directly to the secondary decolourisation process, sending dirty backwash to the clarification process and guaranteeing a clear, high quality end product.
The full benefits of our FPE Multi Media Filter are listed below. Contact our team to find out the specific solutions we can develop for you.
BENEFITS OF THE FPE MULTI MEDIA FILTER
- The filtrate quality can never be worse than the clarified liquor quality
- No sweetwater is produced
- There is no filter cake to dispose of
- High flux rates mean a single filter can treat up to 33 tonnes per hour of sugar solids
- The filters are of a modular design so additional filters can be added to accommodate higher throughputs
- Since there are no consumables, the operating costs are negligible
- The process is fully automatic and there is no labour requirement
Operating parameters for the FPE Multi Media Filter:
|Liquor brix||62 to 67|
|Liquor temperature||80 to 85 oC|
|Operating pressure||1 bar|
|Capacity of single filter||23 and 33 tonnes per hour sugar solids|
|Maximum flowrate||38 and 54 m3/h|
|Filtration performance||90% removal of suspended solids above 10 microns|
|Typical cycle time||4 hours|
|Space Required||A single filter installation requires a total of two bays of 6m x 6m|