Pneumatic Conveying Systems
Our team of experts established Neu Engineering in 1965, marking the start of a development trajectory that has seen FPE Global become a leader in pneumatic conveying systems.
We specialise in the storage, transfer and processing of dry bulk materials. Our in-depth research into the properties of the materials we handle has helped develop innovative and reliable conveying systems used by companies worldwide.
THE FPE GLOBAL SOLUTION
The FPE Global team specialises in all types of pneumatic conveying systems, with a custom service that creates the right system for your business.
FPE Global Engineers consider your operational challenges, from your transport system method to your material feeding, separating devices and running costs. We select customised designs based on our reference plants, material test data and our expert understanding of each system’s inherent value.
Delivering more layout flexibility with a lower footprint, pneumatic conveying systems provide streamlined support for the safe and efficient handling of bulk materials.
Our specialist approach has successfully commissioned thousands of reliable, low maintenance system solutions. Find out more about our conveying systems below and Contact FPE Global today to find out how we can produce the best fit for your business.
PNEUMATIC CONVEYING SYSTEMS
Pneumatic conveying systems utilise air pressure to transport bulk materials from one location to another via a pipe network. The type of system is classified in terms of its “phase density”, i.e. the mass of product compared to mass of air in the system.
The choice of Lean Phase or Dense Phase systems accommodates a variety of different shapes and sizes, which is selected to correspond with your particular business needs.
We conduct trials to proactively approach any issues within conveying. This means that our bespoke systems can maintain the highest quality for the customer’s finished product
- Fan systems using high air volumes and low suction pressures for light/bulky materials
- Dilute phase medium velocity pressure and suction systems using positive displacement air movers
- Discontinuous dense phase systems operating between 2 and 6 bar g and between 15-20 m/s (by using twin blowtanks, continuous operation can be delivered)
- High and low pressure continuous dense phase systems operating at low velocities (4-6 m/s) and using either blowtanks or rotary valves as an introduction method
- Plug suction systems for the movement of materials in batches without segregation or into liquids tanks
- Airslides for the gentle movement of fluidisable materials down shallow inclines
LEAN PHASE CONVEYING SYSTEMS
Lean phase conveying systems, also known as Dilute conveying systems, employ positive pressure and vacuum systems to transport material along a pipe network. It is common to see both material moving methods within the same system, being ideal for short route, continuous conveying.
Key features of positive pressure systems:
- Suitable for higher pressures
- Offer an economical solution
- Suitable for multiple destinations
Key features of vacuum systems:
- Offer dust free product entertainment
- Suitable for multiple entry points
- Suitable for closed loop nitrogen conveying
- Keep dust egress to a minimum
Key features of both systems:
- Suitable for batch and continuous transfer applications
- Suitable for batch weighing applications
- Suitable for conveying explosive products
DENSE PHASE AND NEU PHASE CONVEYING SYSTEMS
Both Dense Phase and Neu Phase conveying systems transfer materials across long distances at a higher operating pressure and lower conveying velocity.
Dense Phase uses air to push denser pellets down the pipeline using a method similar to that of a piston, making it ideally suited to transporting high bulk densities. Neu Phase uses a wave like motion to keep the material moving with minimal friction.
Key Features of Dense Phase:
- Operates at a high pressure (1-6 Bar) and a velocity in the range of 15-20m/s
- Process ideal for a cohesive or damp product, or high bulk densities
- Can be arranged for either discontinuous or continuous operation; for continuous operation, twin blow tanks are used with the HDP rotary valve method to ensure economical filling at pressure
Key Features of Neu Phase:
- Operates at a high pressure (1-6 Bar) and a low velocity in the range of 4-6m/s
- Velocity reduces wear, ideal for fragile or abrasive products
Key features of these systems:
- Suitable for the majority of powdered products
- Longer conveying distance achievable
- Higher products to air ratios resulting in higher throughputs
- Minimal moving parts gives saving on equipment wear
- Suitable for hygienic applications and conveying explosive products
FIBC Big Bag Filling and Discharging
FPE Global is an established force in the handling of FIBC Big Bag Filling and Discharging. Our Flomat Bagfilla range offers unparalleled discharging and filling equipment which can be supplied as a stand-alone machine or integrated into a full bespoke FIBC bulk handling solution.
FROM FARM TO FIDO – HOW BULK HANDLERS ARE SUPPORTING THE UK’S PETS
Download our report.Request PDF
FLO EASY FIBC DISCHARGER
The Flo Easy Discharger is designed for the efficient and economic discharge of materials having free to medium flow properties with 15° or 40° hoppers to suit the material type.
FLO SPOUT FIBC DISCHARGER
The Flo Spout Discharger design has a unique diamond shaped 60 hopper to discharge the poorest flowing of materials such as those that compact or have high shear properties.